Some of our online events are educational webinars lead by a guest presenter; others are open roundtable discussions on topics of interest to home repair nonprofits. All webinars are free for members and $10 for non-members.
Healthy Homes Affinity Group Meeting - Jan 11, 1-2pm EST. This group of ReFrame members meets quarterly to discuss how to parter with healthcare providers to measure and improve health outcomes of home repairs. A guest speaker will join us for our January meeting: Alice Bonner, PhD, RN, Director of Strategic Partnerships at CAPABLE and Adjunct Faculty, Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing. CAPABLE is a program for low-income seniors to safely age in place. The approach teams a nurse, an occupational therapist and a handy worker to address both the home environment and uses the strengths of the older adults themselves to improve safety and independence. Don Taylor will also share with us about Chesapeake Housing Mission's Healthy Homes Initiative Report. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a calendar invitation.
Home Modifications - Jan 13, 3:30-4:30pm EST. Staff from Fall Prevention Center of Excellence at the University of Southern California Leonard Davis School of Gerontology will review the fundamentals of home modification, key funding sources that cover home modification services, critical community partnerships to ensure success, and practical communication skills to use when working with an older adult or caregiver to address fall and safety hazards in the home. Register now!
Camp-Model Roundtable Series - Jan 14, 2-3pm EST (and the second Thursday of Feb, March, April, and May). The goal of this monthly meeting is to support each other and share ideas for making volunteering with home repair nonprofits safe in 2021. We'd like one person from each camp-model organization to participate. Our January meeting will focus on marketing & recruiting and volunteer fee schedules & refund policies. Members can register now for the webinar series. (Non-members - email email@example.com for information on how to participate.)
ReFrame Conference will be held Nov 10-12 in Kingsport, Tennessee (hopefully!).
Past Webinars: (recordings of most are available to members in the video library in our portal)
- Virtual Initial Home Inspections
- Advisory Councils for Home Repair Programs (Panel)
- Executive Directors' Roundtable on COVID-19 Impact
- Virtual Event Planning
- Construction Workforce Development
- Volunteer Recognition - Beyond Plaques, Pins, and Parties
- Procore - free project management software
- Charityproud CRM Demonstration
- The Fundamentals of Board Governance
- Healthcare Partnerships for Healthy Housing Outcomes
- Donor Information Management Systems
- Mindset for Success: How to Do What You Say You Want to Do
- Getting the Most Out of Your ReFrame Membership
- Helping to Mitigate Risk - Volunteer Background Screening Insights & Best Practices
- Best Practices in Accounting
- Volunteer Coordinators' Scrum
- Bringing Passion Into Donor Conversations
- Open Forum: Unconventional Revenue Sources
- Executive Directors' Scrum
- Remodeling for Health
- Summer Debrief
- Diversity + Inclusion
- Open Forum: Software/Apps
- Social Media Secrets
- Mission Trips That Matter
- and more!